Mobile Web: Android Surpasses Apple
The status quo was always that Apple ruled the mobile web while Android poked its nose ahead in sales. However, this is no longer the case, according to new figures released by NetMarketShare. Since July, 2014, Android devices have led the way in mobile Internet traffic, grabbing a 44.6 percent share worldwide. iOS powered devices are now trailing Android for the first time with a share of 44.2 percent. This should come as little surprise seen as mobile devices running Google’s operating system account for 85 percent of the smartphone market.
- iOS and Android: mobile device activations on Christmas day 2012iOS and Android: mobile device activations on Christmas day 2012
- Android and iOS users by annual income in China 2012Android and iOS users by annual income in China 2012
- Market share of Android and iOS in smartphone sales in Germany 2012-2015Market share of Android and iOS in smartphone sales in Germany 2012-2015
- China: mobile phone subscriptions by month February 2016China: mobile phone subscriptions by month February 2016
- Mobile operating systems: market share in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2017Mobile operating systems: market share in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2017
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2017Most popular Apple App Store categories 2017
- China: production of cell phones by month February 2017China: production of cell phones by month February 2017
- Global smartphone shipments forecast 2010-2021Global smartphone shipments forecast 2010-2021
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl