The Human Cost of the Syrian Conflict
As the Syrian ceasefire comes into effect, the infographic below takes a look at the large human cost of the conflict so far. If observed by all parties, the week-long break in hostilities will provide vital time and breathing space for humanitarian groups to provide desperately needed assistance to the thousands of civilians trapped in the middle of this warzone.
Since the beginning of the war in March 2011, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) estimates that 296,097 people have lost their lives - more than 86 thousand of which were civilians.
- Highest grossing movies at the global box office 2016Highest grossing movies at the global box office 2016
- Inflation rate in Syria 2010Inflation rate in Syria 2010
- National debt of Syria in relation to gross domestic product (GDP) 2010National debt of Syria in relation to gross domestic product (GDP) 2010
- Global box office revenue of the most successful movies of all timeGlobal box office revenue of the most successful movies of all time
- Number of asylum applications in Finland 2005-2016Number of asylum applications in Finland 2005-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl