Where U.S. Military Personnel is Stationed Abroad
The United States has by far the biggest defense budget in the world and it is the most active military power worldwide. In total, the United States has close to 200,000 active military personnel stationed abroad. Most are based in countries America has been at war with during the second World War, like Japan and Germany.
South Korea hosts the third biggest overseas deployment of U.S. soldiers, stationed there ever since the never officially concluded Korean War in the early 1950. Of course current military engagements also show in this infographic, like Afghanistan and Iraq. Check out the DoD's personnel statistics here.
- Survey on the needs of a military defense in Sweden 2012-2016Survey on the needs of a military defense in Sweden 2012-2016
- Forecast increase in military and defense spending 2010-2020, by world regionForecast increase in military and defense spending 2010-2020, by world region
- United Kingdom (UK): Military defense spending 2008-2016United Kingdom (UK): Military defense spending 2008-2016
- IT services global spending forecast 2008-2021IT services global spending forecast 2008-2021
- Full-time employees - unadjusted monthly number in the U.S. March 2017Full-time employees - unadjusted monthly number in the U.S. March 2017
- Number of executions in the United States 2014-2017Number of executions in the United States 2014-2017
- Fatal civil airliner accidents by country and region 1945-2017Fatal civil airliner accidents by country and region 1945-2017
- Nickel production in major countries 2010-2016Nickel production in major countries 2010-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl