Where Refs Brandish Red the Most
All football fans can think of a time when their team's chances in a game have been extinguished by a red card. A game can flip on its head on the back of a rash challenge, but also as the result of a rash refereeing decision. The modern game moves so quickly, with officials having to make massive decisions in tiny amounts of time. The infographic below looks at analysis by CIES Football Observatory showing the top flight leagues in Europe with the highest number of red cards per game for the season so far.
- Number of red cards in the German Bundesliga from 2006/07 to 2015/16Number of red cards in the German Bundesliga from 2006/07 to 2015/16
- Europe: revenue breakdown of football 2010 to 2014, by sourceEurope: revenue breakdown of football 2010 to 2014, by source
- Italy: Serie A football teams market values 2016Italy: Serie A football teams market values 2016
- The adidas Group's global footwear production from 2008-2016The adidas Group's global footwear production from 2008-2016
- The adidas Group's net sales worldwide 2000-2016The adidas Group's net sales worldwide 2000-2016
- Net sales of the Reebok brand worldwide 2006-2016Net sales of the Reebok brand worldwide 2006-2016
- Number of retail stores of the adidas Group worldwide 2008-2016, by store typeNumber of retail stores of the adidas Group worldwide 2008-2016, by store type
- Puma's footwear sales worldwide 1993-2016Puma's footwear sales worldwide 1993-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl