Motion Pictures Awards
Unites States Leads in Cannes
The Cannes Festival in Southern France is celebrating its 70. edition. Motion Pictures made in America have won the Palme d'Or movie prize at the Cannes Film Festival most often. Since the award's conception in 1955, 13 U.S. films were awarded the golden palm.
The host nation, France, is in second position with 7 wins. For the first time, two movies produced by web streaming provider Netflix are shortlisted for the prize ("Okja", "The Meyerowitz Stories"). From next year onwards, all short listed films will have to be released in French cinemas first to be able to enter.
- Arthouse vs mainstream films in cinemas in France 2010-2013Arthouse vs mainstream films in cinemas in France 2010-2013
- Number of awards at the Cannes Festival of Creativity in 2014, by countryNumber of awards at the Cannes Festival of Creativity in 2014, by country
- Box office revenue of cinemas in France 2000-2013Box office revenue of cinemas in France 2000-2013
- Diesel price per liter in selected countries - April 2017Diesel price per liter in selected countries - April 2017
- China: weekly box office revenue - May 8 to May 14, 2017China: weekly box office revenue - May 8 to May 14, 2017
- Weekend box office revenue - May 2017Weekend box office revenue - May 2017
- Worldwide weekend box office revenue - May 2017Worldwide weekend box office revenue - May 2017
- Highest grossing movies at the global box office 2016Highest grossing movies at the global box office 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl