On average, how many cigarettes do you or did you smoke each day?

Number of cigarettes smoked per day in EU-28 2017 This statistic displays the average number of cigarettes that respondents smoked per day in EU-28 in 2017. During this period of time, 91 percent of respondents said they smoked 20 or fewer per day, out of which 53 percent smoke an average of more than 10 and the remaining 47 percent said they smoke 10 or less cigarettes per day. Additionally, the boxed cigarettes consumption frequency can be found at the following.
Show more
Loading statistic...
Share of respondents
10 or fewer47%
More than 1053%
20 or fewer91%
More than 208%
Average13.7%
Share of respondents
10 or fewer47%
More than 1053%
20 or fewer91%
More than 208%
Average13.7%
Download Settings Share
Chart type
Datalabels
Share on Social Media
HTML code to embed chart as PNG (FAQ)
Download started
Please be patient - this may take a moment
Description Source More information
This statistic displays the average number of cigarettes that respondents smoked per day in EU-28 in 2017. During this period of time, 91 percent of respondents said they smoked 20 or fewer per day, out of which 53 percent smoke an average of more than 10 and the remaining 47 percent said they smoke 10 or less cigarettes per day. Additionally, the boxed cigarettes consumption frequency can be found at the following.
Show more
Release date
May 2017
Region
Europe
Survey time period
March 2017
Number of respondents
7,168 respondents
Age group
15 years and over
Method of interview
Face-to-face interview

More information

Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $588 / Year

Basic Account

Get to know the platform

You only have access to basic statistics.

Register for free

Premium Account

Your perfect start with Statista

  • Instant access to 1m statistics
  • Download in XLS, PDF & PNG format
  • Detailed references

$49 / Month *

Corporate Account

Full access

Corporate solution including all features.

Send request

* All products require an annual contract.
   Prices do not include sales tax
   (New York residents only).
Leading companies trust Statista:
paypalgoogleadobepgsamsungtelekom
I think of Statista as Google for researchers. Statista provides you with the information you search for right away.
Dr. Horst Stipp

Dr. Horst Stipp
EVP, Research & Innovation, Advertising Research Foundation

Statistics on "Tobacco consumption in the UK (Kantar Media TGI)"

  • Cigarette consumer habits
The most important statistics
  • Cigarette brand products
  • Hand rolling tobacco products
  • Cigar products
Need help with using Statista for your research? Tutorials and first steps

Further Content: Statistics, Studies, and Topic Pages

Statistics on the topic

Topics

About Statista

Learn more about how Statista can support your business.

Request webinar
Do you have any questions about our business solutions?

We provide you with detailed information about our Corporate Account.

News
News