This statistic shows the results of a survey, conducted in December 2018 in the United States, on Americans' New Year's resolutions for 2019. During the survey, 51 percent of respondents said their resolution for 2019 is to save money, while 48 percent would like to lose weight.
Welcome to Statista!
We are the global leading platform for business data from 600 industries and 50 countries.
Our 700 employees believe that facts cause big changes and promote brilliant ideas. We want to offer you the best basis for fast and effective decisions: Learn more.
What are your 2019 resolutions?
|Share of respondents|
|Stick to a budget||35%|
|Get more sleep||31%|
|Spend more time with family||30%|
|Learn a new skill||27%|
|Make more friends||22%|
|Get a better job||22%|
|Improve my relationship with my partner||22%|
|Spend less time on social media||19%|
|Dress better/ improve my sense of style||18%|
|Find love/ start a romantic relationship||17%|
|Spend more time volunteering in my community||14%|
|Get promoted and/or get a raise at my current job||10%|
|Stop smoking / smoke less||10%|
|Stop drinking/ drink less||8%|
|Spend less time focused on work||7%|
$49 / Month *
* All products require an annual contract.
Prices do not include sales tax.
Prices do not include sales tax.
Leading companies trust Statista:
I think of Statista as Google for researchers. Statista provides you with the information you search for right away.
Dr. Horst Stipp
EVP, Research & Innovation, Advertising Research Foundation
- Prevalence of obesity among adults aged 20 and over in the U.S. from 1997 to 2018Obesity prevalence among U.S. adults aged 20 and over 1997-2018
- Percentage of adults with obesity in the United States as of 2018, by statePercentage of obese U.S. adults by state 2018
- Percentage of adults that are physically inactive in the United States as of 2018, by statePercentage of physically inactive U.S. adults by state 2018
- Prevalence of physical inactivity among adults in the U.S. as of 2018, by ethnicity*U.S. sedentary lifestyle among adults by ethnicity 2018
- Overweight and obesity rates for adults in the United States in 2017, by ethnicityAdult overweight and obesity rates in the U.S. by ethnicity 2017
- Percentage of high school students who are trying to lose weight in 2017, by gender and ethnicityU.S. high school students trying to lose weight in 2017, by gender and ethnicity
- Percentage of adults aged 65 years or older in the U.S. who were obese from 2013 to 2019Share of elderly U.S. adults who were obese 2013-2019
- U.S. population: What are the reasons for watching your diet?Reasons for watching diet in the U.S. 2019
- Which of the following motivated you to make an effort to change your eating habits?Reasons for eating healthy U.S. 2017
- Top reason for dietary supplement use among U.S. adults as of 2018, by genderDietary supplement use top reason - U.S. adults by gender 2018
- Leading reasons consumers in the United States want to include more plants-based foods in their diet as of April 2017Reasons U.S. consumers want to include plant-based foods in their diet 2017
- Global consumer vitamins and dietary supplements sales in 2014, 2016, 2018, and 2020 (in billion U.S. dollars), by productGlobal consumer vitamins and dietary supplements sales 2014-2020, by product
- Dollar sales share of the leading weight control/nutritionals liquid/powder in the United States as of 2018*U.S. sales share of leading weight control/nutritionals liquid/powder brands 2018
- Unit sales of the leading weight control/nutritional liquid and powder brands in the United States in 2019 (in millions)*U.S. unit sales of the leading weight control brands 2019
- Sales value of weight loss vitamins, minerals and supplements (VMS) in the United States in 2017, by distribution channel (in million U.S. dollars)Weight loss VMS sales in the U.S. 2017, by channel
- Sales value of weight management formulas in the United States in 2017, by distribution channel (in million U.S. dollars)Weight management formula sales in the U.S. 2017, by channel
- Dollar sales of the leading weight control/nutritional brands in U.S. convenience stores (C-stores) in 2017 (in million U.S. dollars)Dollar sales of the leading weight control/nutritional brands in U.S. C-stores 2017
- Market sales of selected connected wellness products in the U.S. from 2013 to 2018 (in million units)Selected digital wellness product unit sales in the U.S. 2013-2018
- Mobile health apps market forecast in the United States from 2018 to 2025, by type (in million U.S. dollars)Mobile health apps market size forecast in U.S. by type 2018-2025
- Leading health and fitness apps in the Google Play Store worldwide in June 2019, by number of downloads (in millions)Leading Android health apps worldwide 2019, by downloads
- Leading health and fitness apps in the Google Play Store in the United States in June 2019, by number of downloadsLeading Android health apps in the U.S. 2019, by downloads
- Most popular health and fitness apps in the United States as of May 2018, by monthly active users (in millions)Leading health and fitness apps in the U.S. 2018, by users
- Percentage of mobile medical application categories used by U.S. adults at least once as of 2017Share of categories of mobile health apps used among U.S. consumers 2017
- Which of the following sports and fitness apps do you use on a regular basis? Sports and fitness apps people in the U.S. use regularly 2016
- Which of the following sports and fitness apps would you like to use on a regular basis?Sports and fitness apps people in the U.S. would like to use regularly 2016
- How often do you currently make use of sports and fitness apps?How often people in the U.S. use sports and fitness apps 2016
- Over the past year, which of the following healthy food behaviors, if any, have you made an effort to do?*U.S. consumers trying to have healthy eating habits 2017
- U.S. population: Which brands of energy / diet snacks and bars do you eat most often?Most eaten brands of energy / diet snacks and bars in the U.S. 2019
- U.S. population: What brands of liquid breakfast or liquid / powdered nutritional supplements do you use most often?Brands of liquid breakfast /powdered nutritional supplements used in the U.S. 2019
- U.S. population: What are some types of non-prescription products or methods you have used for a diet?Types of non-prescription products and methods used for a diet in the U.S. 2019
- U.S. population: What types of food do you buy when you are watching your diet?Types of food bought when watching diet in the U.S. 2019
- Why do you consider the lower-calorie options and suggestions to be useful?*Why lower-calorie menu options are useful to consumers when dining out 2012
- Which of the following, if any, do you believe consuming low/no-calorie sweeteners helps you do?Reasons for consuming low-calorie sweeteners 2017
- Importance of buying "healthy" food and beverage products among U.S. consumers as of May 2018, by categoryImportance of buying "healthy" F&B products among U.S. consumers 2018, by category
YouGov. (December 13, 2018). What are your 2019 resolutions? [Graph]. In Statista. Retrieved October 21, 2019, from https://www.statista.com/statistics/953560/new-years-resolution-us/
YouGov. "What are your 2019 resolutions?." Chart. December 13, 2018. Statista. Accessed October 21, 2019. https://www.statista.com/statistics/953560/new-years-resolution-us/
YouGov. (2018). What are your 2019 resolutions?. Statista. Statista Inc.. Accessed: October 21, 2019. https://www.statista.com/statistics/953560/new-years-resolution-us/
YouGov. "What Are Your 2019 Resolutions?." Statista, Statista Inc., 13 Dec 2018, https://www.statista.com/statistics/953560/new-years-resolution-us/
YouGov, What are your 2019 resolutions? Statista, https://www.statista.com/statistics/953560/new-years-resolution-us/ (last visited October 21, 2019)