ExxonMobil - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and facts about ExxonMobil
According to revenues and market value, the ExxonMobil Corporation is today one of the largest companies worldwide. Different sources may vary, but ExxonMobil has been ranked first or second on almost all company top lists. The oil and gas company is headquartered in Irving, Texas. It was formed in 1999 through the merger of Exxon and Mobil, but its roots go back to John D. Rockefeller’s Standard Oil Company in the 1880s. In March 2016, however, the Rockefeller Family Fund sold its ExxonMobil stock in an effort to distance itself from the fossil fuel industry.
ExxonMobil’s most successful year within a decade in terms of revenue was 2011, exceeding the previous year by almost 100 billion U.S. dollars. The same can be said for the company’s profits, which amounted to more than 41 billion U.S. dollars in that year. At the end of 2015, ExxonMobil had a market valuation of approximately 324 billion U.S. dollars. Nearly 74 thousand persons were employed by ExxonMobil in 2015.
ExxonMobil is composed of three divisions: Upstream, Downstream, and Chemical. Upstream, which includes exploration and extraction, is by far the most important division. With approximately 7.1 billion U.S. dollars, it was responsible for around 44 percent of the company’s total net income in 2015. In the same year, ExxonMobil Upstream’s production output in oil equivalents was some 6.4 million barrels per day (liquids plus natural gas).
The company owns oil refineries all over the world, with a refining capacity of some 5.1 million barrels per day. That makes ExxonMobil one of the world’s top refiners. The company’s total proved reserves reach a total oil equivalent of nearly 25 billion barrels. However, ExxonMobil owns less than one percent of the world’s total oil and gas reserves.
|Market Value||$356.5bn||Details →|
|Exxon Mobile's net income||$16,150m||Details →|
|Exxon Mobile's cash dividends per common share||$2.88||Details →|
|Number of employees at ExxonMobil||73,500||Details →|
|Reserves and Production||Values||Statistic|
|Petroleum product sales of Exxon Mobile's Downstream Division||5,754k bbl/d||Details →|
|Exxon Mobile's Chemical's sales of prime products||24,713k t||Details →|
|Exxon Mobile's crude oil and product purchases||$130,003m||Details →|
|Exxon Mobile's research and development costs||$1,008m||Details →|
|Exxon Mobile's exploration expenses||$1,523m||Details →|
- ExxonMobil's revenue 2001-2015ExxonMobil's revenue 2001-2015
ExxonMobil's revenue from 2001 to 2015 (in million U.S. dollars)
- ExxonMobil's market value 2001-2015+ExxonMobil's market value 2001-2015
Market value of ExxonMobil from 2001 to 2015 (in million U.S. dollars)
- Biggest oil and gas companies based on market value 2015+Biggest oil and gas companies based on market value 2015
Top 10 oil and gas companies worldwide based on market value in 2015 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- The complete topic in one convenient package
- Instant access and download
- Great time-saver
- Leading 100 American retailers based on U.S. retail sales 2015Leading 100 American retailers based on U.S. retail sales 2015
- Gazprom company key figures 2015Gazprom company key figures 2015
- Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Russia 2020Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Russia 2020
- United Kingdom (UK) oil price forecast in U.S. dollars 2016-2020United Kingdom (UK) oil price forecast in U.S. dollars 2016-2020
- United Kingdom (UK) oil price forecast in GBP 2016-2020United Kingdom (UK) oil price forecast in GBP 2016-2020