eBay's Profit Rises 19 Percent
eBay published convincing first quarter results yesterday, as the company continues its transformation from auction site to diversified e-commerce business.
In the first quarter of 2013, eBay's profit grew 19 percent to reach $677 million. Powered by 18 percent growth of eBay's payment service PayPal, the company's revenue grew 14 percent. Total revenue reached $3.75 billion in the past quarter, of which PayPal contributed $1.55 billion. eBay's Marketplaces generated $1.96 billion and thus remain the company's primary source of revenue for now.
PayPal has long grown out of its role as a payment service solely for eBay's Marketplaces. In the March quarter PayPal handled 682 million payments from 128 million active users. Active users of eBay's Marketplaces grew from 112 to 116 millions in the past three months.
- Global 2015 ranking of oil and gas companies based on net incomeGlobal 2015 ranking of oil and gas companies based on net income
- Nike's net income worldwide 2005-2016Nike's net income worldwide 2005-2016
- Forecast revenue growth rate global semiconductor industry 1988-2018Forecast revenue growth rate global semiconductor industry 1988-2018
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries's net income 2006-2016Teva Pharmaceutical Industries's net income 2006-2016
- Google: global annual revenue 2002-2016Google: global annual revenue 2002-2016
- Number of monthly active WhatsApp users as of 2013-2017Number of monthly active WhatsApp users as of 2013-2017
- Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016
- Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl