The Most Popular Music Genres in the U.S.
This charts shows a genre breakdown of album sales in the United States in 2013. Rock, R&B and Alternative were the most popular genres in 2013.
- Digital share of global media revenue 2015, by mediumDigital share of global media revenue 2015, by medium
- Global revenue of the music industry 2002-2015Global revenue of the music industry 2002-2015
- Recorded music market revenue worldwide 2005-2015Recorded music market revenue worldwide 2005-2015
- Retail value of music shipments in the U.S. from 1999 to 2015Retail value of music shipments in the U.S. from 1999 to 2015
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens