The Rapid Rise of the Internet
As the world wide web turned 25 this week, it's time to take a look at the internet's impressive adoption curve. Back in 1995 just 14 percent of U.S. adults used the internet, by 2005 two thirds did. In 2014, 87 percent of U.S. adults at least occasionally surf the web. As a matter of fact, using the internet has become so normal to us that the real question is: what do the other 13 percent do if they want to look at funny cat videos?
- Internet usage frequency during the last three months in Belgium 2015Internet usage frequency during the last three months in Belgium 2015
- Duration of monthly internet usage in selected countries 2015Duration of monthly internet usage in selected countries 2015
- Duration of monthly internet usage in Latin American countries 2016Duration of monthly internet usage in Latin American countries 2016
- Average daily time spent using selected media in Norway 2016Average daily time spent using selected media in Norway 2016
- China: mobile phone subscriptions by month February 2016China: mobile phone subscriptions by month February 2016
- Internet usage time in the United States 2010-2016Internet usage time in the United States 2010-2016
- Daily media usage in Sweden 2016, by mediumDaily media usage in Sweden 2016, by medium
- Average time spent per day with media in Sweden 2016Average time spent per day with media in Sweden 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl