The Rapid Rise of the Internet
As the world wide web turned 25 this week, it's time to take a look at the internet's impressive adoption curve. Back in 1995 just 14 percent of U.S. adults used the internet, by 2005 two thirds did. In 2014, 87 percent of U.S. adults at least occasionally surf the web. As a matter of fact, using the internet has become so normal to us that the real question is: what do the other 13 percent do if they want to look at funny cat videos?
- Internet usage frequency during the last three months in Belgium 2015Internet usage frequency during the last three months in Belgium 2015
- Average daily internet usage worldwide 2014, by age and deviceAverage daily internet usage worldwide 2014, by age and device
- Duration of monthly internet usage in selected countries 2015Duration of monthly internet usage in selected countries 2015
- Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017
- China: mobile phone subscriptions by month November 2016China: mobile phone subscriptions by month November 2016
- Monthly unique visitors to U.S. retail websites 2016Monthly unique visitors to U.S. retail websites 2016
- Online shoppers in the Nordic countries 2015-2016Online shoppers in the Nordic countries 2015-2016
- Daily internet users in Great Britain 2006-2015Daily internet users in Great Britain 2006-2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl