The World’s Deadliest Animals
Films like Jaws gave sharks a man-eating reputation but when it comes to the animal responsible for the most human fatalities each year, nothing comes close to matching the mosquito.
According to Gatesnotes, 725,000 people are killed by devastating diseases carried by mosquitos annually. Snakes inflict 50,000 fatalities every year while dogs kill a further 25,000 people, primarily through rabies.
- United States - fatalities due to natural disasters 2015United States - fatalities due to natural disasters 2015
- Number of passenger fatalities by type on railways in Great Britain 2007-2015Number of passenger fatalities by type on railways in Great Britain 2007-2015
- Number of workforce fatalities on railways in Great Britain 2007-2015, by jobNumber of workforce fatalities on railways in Great Britain 2007-2015, by job
- Number of Zika virus cases in the U.S. by state or territory 2015-2016Number of Zika virus cases in the U.S. by state or territory 2015-2016
- Drugs - countries with the highest mortality rate 2014Drugs - countries with the highest mortality rate 2014
- Countries with the largest number of new malaria cases worldwide 2013Countries with the largest number of new malaria cases worldwide 2013
- Deaths by cancer in the U.S. 1950-2014Deaths by cancer in the U.S. 1950-2014
- Deaths by influenza and pneumonia in the U.S. 1950-2014Deaths by influenza and pneumonia in the U.S. 1950-2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens