The World’s Deadliest Animals
Films like Jaws gave sharks a man-eating reputation but when it comes to the animal responsible for the most human fatalities each year, nothing comes close to matching the mosquito.
According to Gatesnotes, 725,000 people are killed by devastating diseases carried by mosquitos annually. Snakes inflict 50,000 fatalities every year while dogs kill a further 25,000 people, primarily through rabies.
- United States - fatalities due to natural disasters 2015United States - fatalities due to natural disasters 2015
- Mosquito repellent global market value 2015-2019Mosquito repellent global market value 2015-2019
- Number of fatalities in traffic accidents in Finland in 2015, by regionNumber of fatalities in traffic accidents in Finland in 2015, by region
- Fatal civil airliner accidents by country and region 1945-2017Fatal civil airliner accidents by country and region 1945-2017
- Chronology of Ebola virus disease outbreaks 1976-2016Chronology of Ebola virus disease outbreaks 1976-2016
- U.S. number of cancer deaths among women 2009 and 2017U.S. number of cancer deaths among women 2009 and 2017
- Number of new cancer cases and deaths in the U.S. by gender 2017Number of new cancer cases and deaths in the U.S. by gender 2017
- Number of Zika virus cases in the U.S. by state or territory 2015-2017Number of Zika virus cases in the U.S. by state or territory 2015-2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl