Which Countries’ Soccer Fans Bought the Most World Cup Tickets
FIFA received approximately 11 million ticket requests in the run up to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil with a total of 2,961,911 sold by 05 June. 60% of those were snapped up by the tournament hosts, equating to an impressive 1,363,179 tickets.
The United States accounts for the largest slice of the remaining 40%. 196,838 tickets were sold to fans of the Stars and Stripes, quite a distance ahead of the 61,021 tickets sold to Argentinean fans who round off the top three.
- Brand value of the FIFA World Cup 2012-2016Brand value of the FIFA World Cup 2012-2016
- FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil total costsFIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil total costs
- Capacity of stadiums at the FIFA World Cup 2014 in BrazilCapacity of stadiums at the FIFA World Cup 2014 in Brazil
- Monthly inflation rate in China February 2017Monthly inflation rate in China February 2017
- World pharmaceutical sales 2014-2016 by region World pharmaceutical sales 2014-2016 by region
- Leading film markets worldwide 2016, by gross box office revenueLeading film markets worldwide 2016, by gross box office revenue
- Monthly inflation rate in Brazil January 2017Monthly inflation rate in Brazil January 2017
- Monthly unemployment rate in industrial and emerging countries December 2016Monthly unemployment rate in industrial and emerging countries December 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl