PayPal Still Way Ahead Of The Digital Wallet Competition
According to a survey conducted by Thrive Analytics, PayPal is far ahead of the competition in the increasingly crowded mobile payments market. 79% of the 2,000 U.S. online consumers surveyed in June 2014 stated to have used Paypal in the past, whereas only 40% have used the second most popular service Google Wallet.
- Share of respondents making use of mobile payment system in the UK in 2015Share of respondents making use of mobile payment system in the UK in 2015
- Usage of mobile payment services for U.S. back-to-school shopping 2015Usage of mobile payment services for U.S. back-to-school shopping 2015
- U.S. mobile wallet usage frequency 2016, by type of storeU.S. mobile wallet usage frequency 2016, by type of store
- PayPal: annual mobile payment volume 2008-2016PayPal: annual mobile payment volume 2008-2016
- China: number of internet users December 2016China: number of internet users December 2016
- Mobile e-commerce growth in Scandinavia 2012-2016Mobile e-commerce growth in Scandinavia 2012-2016
- Remote payments Netherlands with a (smart)phone or tablet 2014-2016 Remote payments Netherlands with a (smart)phone or tablet 2014-2016
- Turnover remote payments with smartphone or tablet in Netherlands 2014-2016Turnover remote payments with smartphone or tablet in Netherlands 2014-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl