2014's Best-Selling Vinyl Albums
2014 saw a streaming boom which has significantly altered the music landscape. People have flocked to streaming services like Pandora and Spotify while digital downloads and CD sales have plummeted. However, vinyl has remained unaffected by the shift, and its remarkable resurgence has continued unabated.
Vinyl LP sales topped 9 million in the United States last year, accounting for more than 6 percent of all physical album sales. What sort of tunes are all of those vinyl lovers listening to? Jack White was 2014's LP champion. His album, Lazaretto, was the year's most popular vinyl record, selling 86,700 copies. AM by the Arctic Monkeys came second with 58,700 while Lana Del Rey's Born to Die came in third with 42,100.
- Best-selling music albums worldwide 2015Best-selling music albums worldwide 2015
- Music albums: income from physical sales in the United Kingdom (UK) 2003-2015Music albums: income from physical sales in the United Kingdom (UK) 2003-2015
- Music albums: income from digital sales in the United Kingdom (UK) 2007-2015Music albums: income from digital sales in the United Kingdom (UK) 2007-2015
- Retail value of music shipments in the U.S. from 1999 to 2016Retail value of music shipments in the U.S. from 1999 to 2016
- Daily media usage in Sweden 2016, by mediumDaily media usage in Sweden 2016, by medium
- Album unit sales in the United Kingdom (UK) 2008-2016Album unit sales in the United Kingdom (UK) 2008-2016
- Album unit sales in the United Kingdom (UK) 2008-2016, by formatAlbum unit sales in the United Kingdom (UK) 2008-2016, by format
- Music industry revenue in the Netherlands 2012-2020Music industry revenue in the Netherlands 2012-2020
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl