The Industries Where Employees Drink The Most
Do you enjoy a nice cold beer after a long hard day in the office? If you're working down a mine shaft, you'll probably order more than one. Due to its dark, tough and dangerous nature, mining has been named as the industry with the hardest drinkers in the United States. 18 percent of miners have admitted that they are heavy drinkers - in this case heavy drinking is defined as having five or more alcoholic drinks in one sitting on 5 or more days in the past 30 days.
The recently released US government data goes on to list construction as the industry with the second highest level of heavy alcohol consumption while accommodation and food services comes third. An estimated 17 million adults and 0.9 million adolescents have an alcohol use disorder in the US. Excessive alcohol consumption costs the US economy billions every year with middle aged males most at risk from alcohol poisoning.
- 2015 list of top U.S. mining and metals companies based on revenue2015 list of top U.S. mining and metals companies based on revenue
- U.S. costs due to abuse of tobacco, alcohol, and illicit drugs 2014U.S. costs due to abuse of tobacco, alcohol, and illicit drugs 2014
- Global top mining companies based on market value 2015Global top mining companies based on market value 2015
- Average London fix price of silver 1975-2015Average London fix price of silver 1975-2015
- China: iron ore mining by month December 2016China: iron ore mining by month December 2016
- Iron ore prices monthly 2015-2016Iron ore prices monthly 2015-2016
- Availability of LSD as perceived by U.S. 12th graders 1975-2016Availability of LSD as perceived by U.S. 12th graders 1975-2016
- World production of gold mines 2005-2016World production of gold mines 2005-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl