Facebook Handily Beats Competition in Terms of Engagement
Over the past few years, many reports have predicted the imminent decline of Facebook. It's growth days are behind it, it's gotten too big, young people don't use it - those were just some of the arguments brought forward against the world's largest social network.
And yet, Facebook is still here and, if a recent Pew Research report is any indication, the social media behemoth is doing pretty well. According to Pew's findings, 72% of American internet users are on Facebook and penetration rates are even higher among 18- to 29-year-olds and those with a household income above $75,000 per year. What's more impressive though, is the degree of user engagement that Facebook enjoys. 70% of Facebook users in the U.S. log in to the service on a daily basis, 43% do so several times a day. Those are figures that other social networks, all hype notwithstanding, cannot compete with.
In a way, Facebook is like an old favorite sweater: it's been around forever, it's not as sexy as some of your newer clothes but you can't get rid of it and somehow end up wearing it more than anything else.
- Leading UK-based luxury brands on social media ranked by engagement 2016, by platformLeading UK-based luxury brands on social media ranked by engagement 2016, by platform
- Social media engagement with the BBC in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014Social media engagement with the BBC in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014
- Social media engagement with Google in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014Social media engagement with Google in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2017Most popular Apple App Store categories 2017
- Instagram: video and image post user interactions 2016, by profile sizeInstagram: video and image post user interactions 2016, by profile size
- China: clothing production by month February 2017China: clothing production by month February 2017
- Average time spent per day with media in Sweden 2016Average time spent per day with media in Sweden 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl