The Working Time Required To Buy An iPhone 6
An iPhone 6 is an expensive gadget, no matter where you live. However, if you live in an affluent city with a high gross salary such as Zurich, you might have to work as little as 20 hours to afford one. By contrast, workers in Kiev have to put in an average shift of 627 hours (or 13 weeks) to afford an iPhone 6, according to the Prices and Earnings report, published every three years by Swiss bank UBS. The report takes into account local prices as well as net hourly wages for 15 professions across 11 sectors to illustrate the immense differences in price levels and buying power around the world.
- Share of iPhone installed base worldwide by model 2015-2016Share of iPhone installed base worldwide by model 2015-2016
- Apple iPhone U.S. users by device family 2014-2016Apple iPhone U.S. users by device family 2014-2016
- Apple iPhone smartphone users in the U.S. 2012-2016Apple iPhone smartphone users in the U.S. 2012-2016
- U.S. smartphone subscriber share by operating platform 2012-2017, by monthU.S. smartphone subscriber share by operating platform 2012-2017, by month
- Market share of Android and iOS in smartphone sales in Germany 2012-2017Market share of Android and iOS in smartphone sales in Germany 2012-2017
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2017Most popular Apple App Store categories 2017
- Global smartphone shipments forecast 2010-2021Global smartphone shipments forecast 2010-2021
- Global smartphone sales to end users 2007-2016Global smartphone sales to end users 2007-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl