The Working Time Required To Buy An iPhone 6
An iPhone 6 is an expensive gadget, no matter where you live. However, if you live in an affluent city with a high gross salary such as Zurich, you might have to work as little as 20 hours to afford one. By contrast, workers in Kiev have to put in an average shift of 627 hours (or 13 weeks) to afford an iPhone 6, according to the Prices and Earnings report, published every three years by Swiss bank UBS. The report takes into account local prices as well as net hourly wages for 15 professions across 11 sectors to illustrate the immense differences in price levels and buying power around the world.
- Apple iPhone U.S. users by device family 2014-2015Apple iPhone U.S. users by device family 2014-2015
- Share of iPhone installed base worldwide by model 2015-2016Share of iPhone installed base worldwide by model 2015-2016
- Apple iPhone smartphone users in the U.S. 2012-2016Apple iPhone smartphone users in the U.S. 2012-2016
- Smartphone sales revenue worldwide 2013-2016Smartphone sales revenue worldwide 2013-2016
- Apple's revenue worldwide 2004-2016Apple's revenue worldwide 2004-2016
- Global smartphone sales value by region 2013-2016Global smartphone sales value by region 2013-2016
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016
- Global smartphone shipments forecast 2010-2020Global smartphone shipments forecast 2010-2020
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl