Zenith publishes global advertising forecast
Money Follows Eyeballs – Mobile Ad Boom Continues
One of the golden rules of advertising is that money follows eyeballs. And since people are looking at their smartphones pretty much all the time these days, it’s no surprise that advertising budgets are shifting to mobile devices as well.
According to Zenith's latest global advertising forecast, advertisers will spend an additional $80 billion a year on mobile ads in 2019 compared to this year. By then, mobile devices will have overtaken the desktop internet to become the second largest advertising medium behind television. Zenith expects annual mobile advertising spending to reach $160 billion by 2019, well ahead of the $88 billion expected to be spent on non-mobile online ads.
- Mobile advertising spending worldwide 2015-2017Mobile advertising spending worldwide 2015-2017
- Mobile advertising spending in the U.S. 2015-2020Mobile advertising spending in the U.S. 2015-2020
- Mobile advertising spending in Western Europe from 2011-2016Mobile advertising spending in Western Europe from 2011-2016
- Media advertising expenditure in Germany 2017, by typeMedia advertising expenditure in Germany 2017, by type
- Digital display advertising revenue in Germany 2013-2016Digital display advertising revenue in Germany 2013-2016
- Ad-selling companies worldwide: digital advertising market share 2016-2019Ad-selling companies worldwide: digital advertising market share 2016-2019
- Estimated weekly TV ad spend of U.S. companies March 13-19, 2017Estimated weekly TV ad spend of U.S. companies March 13-19, 2017
- Pfizer's ad spending 2008-2016Pfizer's ad spending 2008-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl