Super Bowl Ad Prices Doubled Since 2003
When Super Bowl XLIX kicks off on February 1, the NFL championship won’t be the only title that’s on the line. With more than a hundred million viewers glued to the TV in the U.S. alone, marketers and advertisers will compete for the unofficial title “Most Memorable Super Bowl Spot”.
Since 2003, the average rate for a 30-second spot during the Super Bowl broadcast has risen from $2.15 million to $4.20 million, making it by far the most expensive time slot U.S. television has to offer – a 30-second spot during the Academy Award ceremony is less than half the price. It's a price that brands are willing to pay though. Last year, Super Bowl TV ad spend in the U.S. amounted to $332 million, as advertising time during the broadcast increased to 49 minutes.
In return for their investment, advertisers not only get a huge audience (111.5 million viewers in 2014) but an audience that sticks around: during the 2013 Super Bowl, only 0.7 percent of the audience tuned away during commercial breaks. The average tuneaway rate during regular TV programming is five times as high. Consumers tend to pay special attention to Super Bowl ads, as agencies typically try to honour the prestigious occasion with especially witty and often funny ads.
- Super Bowl TV ad spend per viewer in the U.S 2005-2015Super Bowl TV ad spend per viewer in the U.S 2005-2015
- Largest Super Bowl advertisers 2006-2015Largest Super Bowl advertisers 2006-2015
- Super Bowl advertising spending 2003-2015Super Bowl advertising spending 2003-2015
Sportarten mit dem größten Sponsoringpotenzial in Deutschland im Jahr 2016
Umfrage zu den Sportarten mit dem größten Sponsoringpotenzial in Deutschland 2016
Anzahl der "Gefällt mir"-Angaben, Follower und Abonnenten der Vereine der 1. Fußball-Bundesliga auf Facebook, Instagram, Twitter und YouTube aus der Saison 2015/2016 (in 1.000)
Fans der Vereine der 1. Fußball-Bundesliga in den sozialen Medien 2016
Performance-Check des Fußball-Bundesligisten RasenBallsport Leipzig im Jahr 2016 (Punktzahl; maximal 150)
RB Leipzig - Performance-Check 2016
Ranking der Top 10-Werbungtreibenden in Deutschland von Januar bis Juli 2016 (in Millionen Euro)
Werbetreibende mit den höchsten Werbeausgaben in Deutschland 2016
Investitionen in Werbung und Nettowerbeeinnahmen der Medien in Deutschland in den Jahren 2009 bis 2015 (in Milliarden Euro)
Investitionen in Werbung und Nettowerbeeinnahmen der Medien bis 2015
Tausend-Kontakt-Preis für TV-Werbung in der Altersgruppe 14 bis 49 Jahre in Deutschland in den Jahren 2002 bis 2015 (in Euro)
Entwicklung des TKP für TV-Werbung (14 bis 49 Jahre) bis 2015
- Estimated weekly TV ad spend of U.S. companies August 15 to 22, 2016Estimated weekly TV ad spend of U.S. companies August 15 to 22, 2016
- Time spent with media vs. ad spending in the U.S. 2014Time spent with media vs. ad spending in the U.S. 2014
- Types of ads influencing buying decisions in the U.S. 2015Types of ads influencing buying decisions in the U.S. 2015
- Pfizer's ad spending 2008-2015Pfizer's ad spending 2008-2015
- Advertising spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 1999-2016, by mediaAdvertising spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 1999-2016, by media
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens