Super Bowl TV advertising
Super Bowl Ad Prices Doubled in a Decade
When Super Bowl LI kicks off on February 5, the NFL championship won’t be the only title that’s on the line. With more than a hundred million viewers glued to the TV in the U.S. alone, marketers and advertisers will compete for the unofficial title “Most Memorable Super Bowl Spot”.
Since 2007, the average rate for a 30-second spot during the Super Bowl broadcast has risen from $2.4 million to $4.8 million, making it by far the most expensive time slot U.S. television has to offer – a 30-second spot during the Academy Award ceremony is less than half the price. It's a price that brands are willing to pay though. Last year, Super Bowl TV ad spend in the U.S. amounted to $445 million when including pre- and post-game programming. According to Kantar Media that is roughly equivalent to the combined ad revenue of the four major broadcast networks in an average week.
In return for their investment, advertisers not only get a huge audience (111.9 million viewers in 2016) but an audience that sticks around: during the 2013 Super Bowl, only 0.7 percent of the audience tuned away during commercial breaks. The average tuneaway rate during regular TV programming is five times as high. Consumers tend to pay special attention to Super Bowl ads, as agencies typically try to honour the prestigious occasion with especially witty and often funny ads.
- Super Bowl TV ad spend per viewer in the U.S. 2005-2015Super Bowl TV ad spend per viewer in the U.S. 2005-2015
- Super Bowl advertising spending 2003-2017Super Bowl advertising spending 2003-2017
- Number and length of network TV commercials in the Super Bowl 2003-2016Number and length of network TV commercials in the Super Bowl 2003-2016
Tägliche Nutzungdauer des mobilen Internets weltweit nach Altersgruppen im Jahr 2015 (in Stunden)
Umfrage zur Dauer der mobilen Internetnutzung pro Tag nach Alter weltweit 2015
Prognose zum Anteil der Internetnutzer an der Bevölkerung in ausgewählten Ländern für das Jahr 2016
Prognose zur Internetpenetrationsrate in ausgewählten Ländern weltweit 2016
Anteil der Haushalte weltweit mit Internetzugang von 2002 bis 2016
Anteil der Haushalte weltweit mit Internetzugang bis 2016
Weltweites Einspielergebnis (in Millionen US-Dollar) der erfolgreichsten Kinofilme aller Zeiten (Stand: 19. Februar 2017)
Ranking der erfolgreichsten Filme aller Zeiten nach Einspielergebnis
Ranking der zehn erfolgreichsten Kinofilme in Deutschland im Jahr 2016 nach der Anzahl der Besucher (in Millionen)
Ranking der erfolgreichsten Kinofilme in Deutschland 2016 (nach Besuchern)
Entwicklung des Kinoumsatzes in Deutschland in den Jahren 2002 bis 2016 (in Millionen Euro)
Kinoumsatz in Deutschland bis 2016
- Estimated weekly TV ad spend of U.S. companies March 13-19, 2017Estimated weekly TV ad spend of U.S. companies March 13-19, 2017
- Pfizer's ad spending 2008-2016Pfizer's ad spending 2008-2016
- Advertising spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 1999-2017, by mediaAdvertising spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 1999-2017, by media
- Gross and net TV advertising revenue in Germany 2002-2015Gross and net TV advertising revenue in Germany 2002-2015
- Growth of the global media and entertainment spending 2015-2020, by sectorGrowth of the global media and entertainment spending 2015-2020, by sector
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl