Facebook's Third Quarter Earnings
Facebook reported its third quarter earnings yesterday and the results narrowly beat Wall Street’s expectations. After the IPO disaster and a disappointing second quarter, Facebook desperately needed good news and luckily for its shareholders, the company delivered.
Most importantly, Facebook managed to stop the worrying deceleration of its revenue growth, thanks to a strong quarter of the company’s ad business. Moreover, Facebook’s mobile ad business, considered crucial to the company’s future success, is off to a great start, already accounting for 14 percent of total ad revenues.
- Monthly active users of mobile messaging apps in 2015 and 2020Monthly active users of mobile messaging apps in 2015 and 2020
- Monthly active users of selected social casino titles 2015Monthly active users of selected social casino titles 2015
- Revenue per monthly active users of mobile messaging apps in 2015 and 2020Revenue per monthly active users of mobile messaging apps in 2015 and 2020
- China: leading online video platforms by unique visits as of August 18, 2016China: leading online video platforms by unique visits as of August 18, 2016
- Iron ore prices monthly 2015-2016Iron ore prices monthly 2015-2016
- Revenue of the chemical industry worldwide and in the EU 2004-2015Revenue of the chemical industry worldwide and in the EU 2004-2015
- Market share of world regions in the chemical industry 2009-2015Market share of world regions in the chemical industry 2009-2015
- Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens