Apple Is the Most Productive Retailer in the United States
Apple is not only the most profitable company in the United States; it also has a highly effective retail strategy.
According to data released by Retail Sails, a research firm focused on the retail and consumer goods industries, Apple’s retail stores generated the highest sales per square foot of any retailer in the United States by a wide margin. In the twelve months period covered in the report, Apple raked in $6,050 per square foot. Tiffany & Co., a luxury jewellery retailer, was ranked second with sales of $3,017 per square foot.
In terms of overall sales per store, Apple was ranked ninth, with average sales of $51.1 million. The undisputed leader in this category was Costco with average sales of $137.2 million per store.
These results show that good products alone might no longer be enough. Apple’s strategy of combining great products with a first class retail experience appears to be a winning combination.
- Annual turnover of organic food in retail shops in Denmark 2010-2015Annual turnover of organic food in retail shops in Denmark 2010-2015
- Number of healthcare apps at Apple Store by consumer 2013Number of healthcare apps at Apple Store by consumer 2013
- Annual turnover of organic cheese in retail shops in Denmark 2010-2015Annual turnover of organic cheese in retail shops in Denmark 2010-2015
- Book store sales in the U.S. 1992-2015Book store sales in the U.S. 1992-2015
- Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2007-2016Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2007-2016
- Sales of the leading luxury companies worldwide 2012-2018Sales of the leading luxury companies worldwide 2012-2018
- Most valuable luxury brands worldwide by brand value 2016Most valuable luxury brands worldwide by brand value 2016
- Apple's revenue worldwide 2004-2016Apple's revenue worldwide 2004-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl