Customer preference and opinionThe U.S. automotive industry is a significant driver of the U.S. economy. The total number of light vehicles sold in the United States seems to have reached a plateau in 2018. The recent decline in the number of new cars sold in the United States can be seen indicative of shifting consumer interests towards light trucks.
The U.S. automotive industry is unique in a way that much of the U.S. population relies on motor vehicles as a primary mode of transportation. The quality of public transit in the U.S. is sub-par compared to other modes of transport, and government subsidies and taxes make the automotive industry in the U.S. much more accessible than in other markets.
We are the global leading platform for business data from 600 industries and 50 countries.
|Number of cars sold|
$49 / Month *
Prices do not include sales tax.
in one Presentation
Everything On "Car brands: Toyota" in One Document: Edited and Divided into Handy Chapters. Including Detailed References.
I think of Statista as Google for researchers. Statista provides you with the information you search for right away.
Dr. Horst Stipp
EVP, Research & Innovation, Advertising Research Foundation
- Best-selling car and light truck models worldwide in 2018 (in 1,000 units)Best selling car and light truck models worldwide in 2018
- Worldwide net sales of Honda from FY 2002 to FY 2019 (in trillion Japanese yen)Honda worldwide net sales 2002 to 2019
- Worldwide number of automobiles sold by Honda Group from FY 2002 to FY 2019 (in 1,000 units)Honda's worldwide automobile sales 2002 to 2019
- Honda Group's motorcycle sales from FY 2011 to FY 2019 (in 1,000 units)Honda worldwide motorcycle sales 2011 to 2019
- The best-selling cars in the United States in 2018 (based on unit sales)Best-selling cars in the United States 2018
- Honda Motor Company's vehicle sales in the United States in September 2018 and 2019, by segment (in units)Honda Motor Company- vehicle sales in the United States by segment 2019
- Best-selling all-electric cars in the United States in 2018, based on sales (in units)Best-selling all-electric cars in the United States 2018
- Honda Group's motorcycle sales in North America from FY 2010 to FY 2019 (in 1,000 units)Honda Group motorcycle sales in North America 2010 to 2019
- Most valuable brands within the automotive sector worldwide as of 2019, by brand value (in billion U.S. dollars)Most valuable automotive brands worldwide by brand value 2019
- Advertising expenditure in the largest advertising categories in the United States in 2018 (in billion U.S. dollars)Leading advertising categories in the U.S. in 2018
- Change in advertising spending of the automotive industry sectors in the United States in 2018, by medium Automobile ad spend growth in the U.S. in 2018, by medium
- Leading automobile related products and brands advertised on TV in the United States in 4th quarter 2018, by number of ad occurrencesMost advertised automobiles on TV in the U.S. in Q4 2018, by ad count
- Honda Motor Company's advertising spending in the United States from 2007 to 2018 (in billion U.S. dollars)Honda Motor's advertising spending in the U.S. 2007-2018
- Car brand perception among respondents in the United States as of February 2018 (index score)*Car brand perception survey - United States 2018
- U.S. car owners' perception of the most reliable car brands as of October 2018 (index score)Most reliable car brands for safety according to U.S. car owners 2018
- Consumer satisfaction with selected automobile and light vehicle brands in the United States in 2019 (index score)U.S. consumer satisfaction: car & light vehicle brands 2019
- Most dependable car brands in the United States as of December 2018, based on problems per 100 vehicles*Car quality: most dependable brands as ranked by U.S. car owners 2018