Seasonal Candy - Statistics and facts
Statistics and facts on seasonal candy
Candy canes, candy corn, candy hearts: whether Christmas or Easter, Halloween or Valentine’s day, every holiday has its trademark sweet, and customers are more than happy to hand over the money for a bit of holiday cheer. Seasonal candy sales accounted for 57 million U.S. dollars in sales in the United States in 2013. The Easter bunny can be thanked for the highest share of these sales, with the largest percent of seasonal candy being sold at Easter.
Where can we get our fix? Mass market outlets held strong as the main route to candy land, for both Christmas and Valentine's Day. Marketers did their part to bring in the sales. The Hershey Company accounted for 32.4 percent of all seasonal candy advertising support in 2013.
And the investment seems to be paying off. Recent statistics show that individual Americans planned to spend on average 22.37 U.S. dollars on candy for Halloween 2013, coming in second expense-wise only to their costume. This accounts for the 2.08 billion U.S. dollars in Halloween candy expenditure that year.
Whether chocolate or otherwise, seasonal candy has made a solid sales impression over the last few years. It seems that candy is just one more reason for the season.
Picture: freeimages.com / RAWKUS
|Candy sales in U.S. comvenience stores||$5838.3m||Details →|
|Easter's incremental candy sales share in the U.S.||28%||Details →|
|U.S. retail sales of pastilles, gums, jellies and chews||$3,909m||Details →|
|U.S. seasonal chocolate sales||$3,018.2m||Details →|
|Expected Easter expenditure in the U.S. on candy||24.05 USD||Details →|
|Annual Halloween expenditure in the U.S. on candy||$2.47bn||Details →|
- U.S. chocolate sales during Halloween by channel 2012+U.S. chocolate sales during Halloween by channel 2012
Chocolate dollar sales during Halloween season in the United States in 2012, by distribution channel (in million U.S. dollars)*
- Candy dollar sales in U.S. convenience stores 2016, by type+Candy dollar sales in U.S. convenience stores 2016, by type
Sales of candy in U.S. convenience stores in 2016, by type (in million U.S. dollars)
- Share of selected manufacturers in retail seasonal candy ad support in the U.S. 2013+Share of selected manufacturers in retail seasonal candy ad support in the U.S. 2013
Share of selected manufacturers in retail seasonal candy advertising support in the United States from February 2013 to January 2014
- Facebook most popular game DAU 2017Facebook most popular game DAU 2017
- Facebook: most popular game MAU 2017Facebook: most popular game MAU 2017
- Top grossing iOS mobile gaming apps 2017, ranked by daily revenueTop grossing iOS mobile gaming apps 2017, ranked by daily revenue
- Leading iPhone apps in Great Britain (GB) 2017, by revenue Leading iPhone apps in Great Britain (GB) 2017, by revenue
- The richest people in America as of 2017The richest people in America as of 2017