Lindt & Sprüngli - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and facts on Lindt & Sprüngli
Lindt & Sprüngli is a recognized leader in the chocolate confectionery market for premium quality, offering a large selection of products in more than 120 countries around the world. During more than 160 years of Lindt & Sprüngli's existence, it has become known as one of the most innovative and creative companies making premium chocolate and has retail outlets across all continents. The company also has flagship stores in Berlin, Paris, Rome, Tokyo, Sydney, San Francisco and New York.
The history of Lindt & Sprüngli began in 1845 when David Sprüngli-Schwarz and his son Rudolph first manufactured solid chocolate in their small confectionery. Since then, the company has gone through many different eras, but the entrepreneurial spirit and passion for chocolate are still very much alive. In 2016, Lindt & Sprüngli employed over 13,000 people and generated global sales that amounted to approximately 3.9 billion CHF (Swiss Francs). Taken all together, the North American business contributed to around 43 percent of total group sales in 2016. Its brand Lindt in the United States and Canada, as well as Ghirardelli and the brand portfolio of Russell Stover, has allowed Lindt & Sprüngli to become one of the top three chocolate manufacturers in the biggest chocolate markets in the world.
Lindt & Sprüngli is one of the few chocolate companies to have control of every step of chocolate production, from the selection of the finest cocoa beans sourced in the best growing areas through to the finished product.
Picture: Lindt & Sprüngl
- Global Lindt & Sprüngli sales 2010-2016+Global Lindt & Sprüngli sales 2010-2016
Total Lindt & Sprüngli sales worldwide from 2010 to 2016 (in million CHF)
- Global chocolate consumption share 2020, by country+Global chocolate consumption share 2020, by country
Chocolate consumption share worldwide in 2020, by country*
- Lindt & Sprüngli's number of employees worldwide 2009-2016+Lindt & Sprüngli's number of employees worldwide 2009-2016
Number of employees of Lindt & Sprüngli worldwide from 2009 to 2016
- Lindt & Sprüngli's number of stores worldwide 2015, by region+Lindt & Sprüngli's number of stores worldwide 2015, by region
Number of stores of Lindt & Sprüngli worldwide in 2015, by region
- Sales of the leading ice cream brands of the U.S. 2016Sales of the leading ice cream brands of the U.S. 2016
- Dollar sales of the leading U.S. brownie mix companies 2015Dollar sales of the leading U.S. brownie mix companies 2015
- Percentage of U.S. chocolate consumption by type, 2012Percentage of U.S. chocolate consumption by type, 2012
- Per capita consumption of chewing gum in selected countries worldwide 2009-2012Per capita consumption of chewing gum in selected countries worldwide 2009-2012
- Global chocolate consumption share 2020, by countryGlobal chocolate consumption share 2020, by country