Google Maps is the Most-Used Smartphone App in the World
Google Maps is the most used smartphone app in the world. According to data published by GlobalWebIndex, 54 percent of global smartphone owners used Google's navigation app in the month preceding the survey. Facebook's smartphone app ranks second with 44% of smartphone owners using it. The fact that YouTube and Google+ are ranked third and fourth shows Google's dominant role in the mobile marketplace: three of the four most used smartphone apps in the world are Google apps.
Google's decision to develop an open source mobile operating system and give it away for free apparently pays off. Android's market share in the smartphone market recently soared above 70 percent and since Android phones come preloaded with several Google apps, the search company controls a significant share of mobile web usage.
- Google Maps users 2010-2011Google Maps users 2010-2011
- Internet usage: route planning and road maps (e.g. Google Maps) in Germany 2013-2015Internet usage: route planning and road maps (e.g. Google Maps) in Germany 2013-2015
- Active users of Spotify's Facebook app 2011-2015Active users of Spotify's Facebook app 2011-2015
- Reach of most popular U.S. smartphone apps 2016Reach of most popular U.S. smartphone apps 2016
- Most visited websites in the Netherlands 2016, by monthly reachMost visited websites in the Netherlands 2016, by monthly reach
- Google: quarterly revenue as 2008-2016Google: quarterly revenue as 2008-2016
- Leading Android app reach in the United States 2016Leading Android app reach in the United States 2016
- Top ten most important apps in Denmark 2016Top ten most important apps in Denmark 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl