Private Email Traffic Is Declining
The Radicati Group estimates that there are currently 3.9 billion email accounts worldwide with around 183 billion messages sent and received each day. 82.4 billion of these are over private accounts. Analysts are predicting that the volume of private emails will drop by 10 percent by 2017. One of the primary reasons for this decline is the rise of social networks and instant messaging services for communication. In contrast, the volume of business emails sent during the same period is expected to rise from 100.5 to 132 billion emails each day. This represents an increase of 31 percent.
- Proportion of email communication in the UK in 2014, by deviceProportion of email communication in the UK in 2014, by device
- E-mail portal sites: usage penetration worldwide 2013, by countryE-mail portal sites: usage penetration worldwide 2013, by country
- E-mail users in Sweden 2016, by age groupE-mail users in Sweden 2016, by age group
- Activities of internet users in China 2016Activities of internet users in China 2016
- Ranking of the most popular online travel agencies in Germany 2013-2016Ranking of the most popular online travel agencies in Germany 2013-2016
- Local ad revenue in the U.S. 2017, by mediumLocal ad revenue in the U.S. 2017, by medium
- Daily media use per person in the U.S. 2016Daily media use per person in the U.S. 2016
- Media reach in the U.S. 2016Media reach in the U.S. 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl