Private Email Traffic Is Declining
The Radicati Group estimates that there are currently 3.9 billion email accounts worldwide with around 183 billion messages sent and received each day. 82.4 billion of these are over private accounts. Analysts are predicting that the volume of private emails will drop by 10 percent by 2017. One of the primary reasons for this decline is the rise of social networks and instant messaging services for communication. In contrast, the volume of business emails sent during the same period is expected to rise from 100.5 to 132 billion emails each day. This represents an increase of 31 percent.
- Proportion of email communication in the UK in 2014, by deviceProportion of email communication in the UK in 2014, by device
- E-mail portal sites: usage penetration worldwide 2013, by countryE-mail portal sites: usage penetration worldwide 2013, by country
- Global e-mail encryption market revenue 2015-2020Global e-mail encryption market revenue 2015-2020
- Types of ads influencing buying decisions in the U.S. 2015Types of ads influencing buying decisions in the U.S. 2015
- Activities of internet users in China 2015Activities of internet users in China 2015
- Digital marketing spending in the U.S. 2014-2019Digital marketing spending in the U.S. 2014-2019
- U.S. internet usage penetration 2015, by age groupU.S. internet usage penetration 2015, by age group
- Media reach in the U.S. 2014Media reach in the U.S. 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens