Is Android Becoming the New Windows?
According to a forecast from Gartner, 1.36 billion Android devices are expected to ship in 2015. This is more than all other mobile and PC operating systems combined. Android has certainly come a long way – back in 2012, just over 500 million devices powered by Google’s operating system were shipped around the world. Android is being driven by third parties such as Samsung and LG, and it’s tremendous success is set to emulate that of Windows PCs during the 1990s.
- User share of the Android smartphone operating system in Finland 2016, by age groupUser share of the Android smartphone operating system in Finland 2016, by age group
- User share of the Windows smartphone operating system in Finland 2016, by age groupUser share of the Windows smartphone operating system in Finland 2016, by age group
- Android: global smartphone OS market share 2011-2016, by quarterAndroid: global smartphone OS market share 2011-2016, by quarter
- Global smartphone sales to end users 2007-2016Global smartphone sales to end users 2007-2016
- Global smartphone sales by OS 2009-2016Global smartphone sales by OS 2009-2016
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017
- Google: global annual revenue 2002-2016Google: global annual revenue 2002-2016
- Number of monthly active WhatsApp users as of 2013-2017Number of monthly active WhatsApp users as of 2013-2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl