Is Android Becoming the New Windows?
According to a forecast from Gartner, 1.36 billion Android devices are expected to ship in 2015. This is more than all other mobile and PC operating systems combined. Android has certainly come a long way – back in 2012, just over 500 million devices powered by Google’s operating system were shipped around the world. Android is being driven by third parties such as Samsung and LG, and it’s tremendous success is set to emulate that of Windows PCs during the 1990s.
- Android: global smartphone OS market share 2011-2016, by quarterAndroid: global smartphone OS market share 2011-2016, by quarter
- Number of Android Pokémon Go users in the U.S. 2016Number of Android Pokémon Go users in the U.S. 2016
- Smartphone market share of the Android operating system 2009-2015Smartphone market share of the Android operating system 2009-2015
- Smartphone sales revenue worldwide 2013-2016Smartphone sales revenue worldwide 2013-2016
- Global smartphone sales value by region 2013-2016Global smartphone sales value by region 2013-2016
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016
- Global market share held by computer operating systems 2012-2015, by monthGlobal market share held by computer operating systems 2012-2015, by month
- China: production of cell phones by month June2016China: production of cell phones by month June2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens