Global Cities With The Highest Millionaire Density
According to a study carried out by Spear's magazine and wealth consultancy company WealthInsight, the tiny principality of Monaco has the highest density of millionaires in the world. Well known for being a playground for the rich and famous, almost a third of its 37,000 population hold net assets of $1 milllion or more (excluding their primary residences). After Monaco, you're most likely to pass a millionaire on the streets of Zurich in Switzerland. 27.34 percent of Zurich's population are millionaires.
Another Swiss city, Geneva, rounds off the top three with a millionaire density of 17.92 percent. The gap between the top three and the rest is quite considerable. New York makes it into fourth place with 4.63 percent while Germany's financial capital, Frankfurt, completes the top five with a density of 3.88%.
- Countries with the most millionaires in 2020Countries with the most millionaires in 2020
- Number of millionaires in China by geographic region 2015Number of millionaires in China by geographic region 2015
- Number of millionaires worldwide by region up to 2014Number of millionaires worldwide by region up to 2014
- National debt of France 2020National debt of France 2020
- Gross domestic product (GDP) growth in EU and Euro area 2020Gross domestic product (GDP) growth in EU and Euro area 2020
- Population of the U.S. by race 2000-2015Population of the U.S. by race 2000-2015
- Ranking of the 25 richest people in China as of 2015Ranking of the 25 richest people in China as of 2015
- Ultra high net worth individuals - distribution by region 2015Ultra high net worth individuals - distribution by region 2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl