Amazon Buys Twitch For $970 Million
There had been rumours that Google was going to aquire Twitch. Now, presumably to the search engine giant’s dissatisfaction, Amazon has confirmed that it has acquired the video-game-streaming site for $970 million in cash. Twitch also confirmed the acquisition in a statement: "Today, I’m pleased to announce we’ve been acquired by Amazon. We chose Amazon because they believe in our community, they share our values and long-term vision, and they want to help us get there faster. We’re keeping most everything the same: our office, our employees, our brand, and most importantly our independence. But with Amazon’s support we’ll have the resources to bring you an even better Twitch." Following the Zappos takeover in 2009, Twitch is the biggest acquisition in Amazons history.
- Global net revenue of Amazon 2006-2015, by departmentGlobal net revenue of Amazon 2006-2015, by department
- Bayer's acquisition offers to Monsanto May-September 2016Bayer's acquisition offers to Monsanto May-September 2016
- Number of Amazon Video subscribers in Western Europe 2015-2021Number of Amazon Video subscribers in Western Europe 2015-2021
- The 25 most valuable brands worldwide 2017The 25 most valuable brands worldwide 2017
- Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017
- Change in gold price from 1900 to 2016Change in gold price from 1900 to 2016
- Passenger car sales in China 2008-2016*, by modelPassenger car sales in China 2008-2016*, by model
- Revenues of the world's leading retail companies 2015Revenues of the world's leading retail companies 2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl