There Are More Billionaires In The World Than Ever
The number of billionaires worldwide has increased 7 percent from 2,170 in 2013 to 2,325 in 2014, according to the Wealth-X and UBS Billionaire Census 2014. In fact, there are now more billionaires in the world than ever before. Collectively, these individuals are worth $7.3 trillion and just 286 of them are women.
Europe is home to the most billionaires - there are 775 of them there, 9 more than in 2013. There are 609 in North America, placing it second while Asia rounds off the top three with 560. Africa's small billionaire population is in decline, falling from 42 to 40 over the past 12 months. Mexican business magnate Carlos Slim Helú is still the world's top billionaire with $81.1 billion.
- E-commerce revenue in Europe 2012-2017E-commerce revenue in Europe 2012-2017
- Western Europe: B2C e-commerce sales 2013-2018Western Europe: B2C e-commerce sales 2013-2018
- Mobile internet penetration in Eastern Europe 2014Mobile internet penetration in Eastern Europe 2014
- Teva Pharmaceutical's number of employees 2010-2016 by regionTeva Pharmaceutical's number of employees 2010-2016 by region
- Change of diesel price in selected countries 2016-2017Change of diesel price in selected countries 2016-2017
- Forecast spending global telecom services 2014-2020Forecast spending global telecom services 2014-2020
- Euro to British pound monthly exchange rate August 2014 to January 2017Euro to British pound monthly exchange rate August 2014 to January 2017
- Novartis' revenue by region 2016Novartis' revenue by region 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl