Emerging Markets to Lead Tech Sector Growth in 2015
The global consumer electronics market has been stagnant at around $1 trillion for the past three years. However, while mature markets are in a slump, there are other countries that continue to see considerable growth. According to a recent GfK report, the Top 10 growth markets in 2015 will all be emerging economies.
Contrary to the common assumption that China is the largest growth market for the tech industry, GfK predicts that India's market for tech devices will see the biggest growth in 2015. GfK expects total sales of tech devices in India to reach $34.8 billion in 2015, up $4.8 billion from this year's expected total. Smartphones are the main growth driver in India, as handset prices have come down to a price that is affordable to many Indians.
China's tech market, while much bigger in size than India's, is predicted to grow by $1.8 billion in 2015, which would be a meager 1% increase over the estimated 2014 total but still enough to make China the second largest growth market in dollar terms.
- Retail sales of household appliances and consumer electronics China May 2016Retail sales of household appliances and consumer electronics China May 2016
- Sales of the leading 10 consumer electronics retailers of the U.S. 2010-2014Sales of the leading 10 consumer electronics retailers of the U.S. 2010-2014
- U.S. consumer electronics industry wholesale revenue 2009-2016U.S. consumer electronics industry wholesale revenue 2009-2016
- Sales of the leading beer companies worldwide 2015Sales of the leading beer companies worldwide 2015
- Monthly value of exports from China by month June 2016Monthly value of exports from China by month June 2016
- Global IT spending forecast 2005-2020Global IT spending forecast 2005-2020
- Unemployment rate in EU countries May 2016Unemployment rate in EU countries May 2016
- Global IT spending forecast 2012-2020, by segmentGlobal IT spending forecast 2012-2020, by segment
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens