The Biggest Growth Drivers in the Tech Industry
Over the past few years, the rise of mobile devices and the changes in media consumption that came along with it have arguably been the biggest trend in the tech world. And, at least according to leading figures from U.S. tech companies, that trend isn't over yet. When asked what they expect to be the biggest drivers of their companies' revenue growth over the next 24 months, mobile (including apps and hardware) was the top answer among the 111 tech executives surveyed by KPMG. Other growth opportunities include healthcare IT, Big Data and cloud storage, as our chart of the day illustrates.
- Forecast revenue growth rate global semiconductor industry 1988-2018Forecast revenue growth rate global semiconductor industry 1988-2018
- Total worldwide prescription drug revenue growth - projection 2016-2022Total worldwide prescription drug revenue growth - projection 2016-2022
- Average global energy services and equipment sector revenue growth 2013-2017Average global energy services and equipment sector revenue growth 2013-2017
- China: leading online video platforms by unique visits in March 2017China: leading online video platforms by unique visits in March 2017
- Iron ore prices monthly 2016-2017Iron ore prices monthly 2016-2017
- Global IT spending forecast 2005-2021Global IT spending forecast 2005-2021
- Number of stores of the IKEA Group worldwide 2016, by regionNumber of stores of the IKEA Group worldwide 2016, by region
- Annual revenue of IKEA worldwide 2001-2016Annual revenue of IKEA worldwide 2001-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl