Deportations from the United States Reached a Record High in 2013
Deportations from the United States have gained pace under the Obama administration and 2013 was a record year. All in all, 437,421 people were deported, according to newly released Department of Homeland Security data. That's over twice as many as ten years ago. Interestingly, 363,000 (83 percent) of the deportations were carried out without appearing before a judge. 198,000 people deported in fiscal year 2013 had criminal convictions compared to 240,000 who did not. Since Obama took office, over 2 million people have been deported from the United States.
- Public opinion on illegal immigration policy in the U.S. in 2011Public opinion on illegal immigration policy in the U.S. in 2011
- British attitudes: Illegal immigration measures 2003-2013 British surveyBritish attitudes: Illegal immigration measures 2003-2013 British survey
- Number of facilitators of illegal immigration to the EU 2009-2015Number of facilitators of illegal immigration to the EU 2009-2015
- Italy: immigrants in reception centers 2013-2017Italy: immigrants in reception centers 2013-2017
- Italy: number of landings 2013-2016Italy: number of landings 2013-2016
- U.S. immigration - aliens removed or returned 1990-2014U.S. immigration - aliens removed or returned 1990-2014
- U.S. immigration - illegal aliens apprehended 1990-2014U.S. immigration - illegal aliens apprehended 1990-2014
- U.S. immigration - illegal aliens apprehended 2014, by region of originU.S. immigration - illegal aliens apprehended 2014, by region of origin
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl