The World's Highest-Paid Sports Teams
According to Sportingintelligence’s Global Sports Salaries Survey, soccer clubs pay their players the highest wages in the world of sport. Out of the the twelve highest paid sports teams across the globe, eight are soccer clubs. Paris Saint-Germain are in first position. Players at the French Ligue One outfit earn an average of $174,692 every week and that all adds up to just over $9 million every year.
Read Madrid and Manchester City come second and third on the list, paying $166,180 and $165,343 respectively every week on average. The Los Angeles Dodgers are the first non-soccer team to make the list, coming in fifth. The Major League Baseball team pay $154,292 on average, slightly ahead of Manchester United.
- Soccer players worldwide by annual earnings from salaries and endorsements 2015Soccer players worldwide by annual earnings from salaries and endorsements 2015
- UK politics: MPs basic salary UK 2010-2017UK politics: MPs basic salary UK 2010-2017
- FIFA world ranking of men's national soccer teams 2017FIFA world ranking of men's national soccer teams 2017
- U.S. disposable personal income - monthly percentage of change 2016/17U.S. disposable personal income - monthly percentage of change 2016/17
- Puma's footwear sales worldwide 1993-2016Puma's footwear sales worldwide 1993-2016
- Physicians with large compensation decrease by specialty 2015-2016Physicians with large compensation decrease by specialty 2015-2016
- Work RVUs of U.S. physicians by specialty 2016Work RVUs of U.S. physicians by specialty 2016
- Average per game attendance of major US sports leagues 2015/16Average per game attendance of major US sports leagues 2015/16
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl