Dell-EMC Deal Dwarfs Other Tech Acquisitions
Earlier today, Dell announced the acquisition of EMC (including VMware) in a deal worth a staggering $67 billion. Going forward, EMC and Dell will form one of the largest privately held corporation in the world, while VMware will remain a separate publicly traded company.
The deal, which is subject to regulatory approval, would be the largest M&A deal involving two pure technology companies (AOL's acquisition of Time Warner was larger but Time Warner is technically a media company), shattering the record previously held by Hewlett-Packard's acquisition of Compaq in 2001 for what would now be $33.6 billion.
- Value of top m&a medical technology company deals worldwide 2015Value of top m&a medical technology company deals worldwide 2015
- Value of M&A medical technology company deals worldwide 2006-2015Value of M&A medical technology company deals worldwide 2006-2015
- Top medtech mergers and acquisitions by value 2015-2016Top medtech mergers and acquisitions by value 2015-2016
- Top global medtech segments - revenue 2015 and 2022Top global medtech segments - revenue 2015 and 2022
- Predicted top medical technology companies by revenue 2022Predicted top medical technology companies by revenue 2022
- Total medtech revenue worldwide 2009-2022Total medtech revenue worldwide 2009-2022
- Global in vitro diagnostics market share by top medtech companies 2015 and 2022Global in vitro diagnostics market share by top medtech companies 2015 and 2022
- U.S. and European medical technology companies - total revenues 2009-2015U.S. and European medical technology companies - total revenues 2009-2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl