Dell-EMC Deal Dwarfs Other Tech Acquisitions
Earlier today, Dell announced the acquisition of EMC (including VMware) in a deal worth a staggering $67 billion. Going forward, EMC and Dell will form one of the largest privately held corporation in the world, while VMware will remain a separate publicly traded company.
The deal, which is subject to regulatory approval, would be the largest M&A deal involving two pure technology companies (AOL's acquisition of Time Warner was larger but Time Warner is technically a media company), shattering the record previously held by Hewlett-Packard's acquisition of Compaq in 2001 for what would now be $33.6 billion.
- Value of top m&a medical technology company deals worldwide 2015Value of top m&a medical technology company deals worldwide 2015
- Value of M&A medical technology company deals worldwide 2006-2015Value of M&A medical technology company deals worldwide 2006-2015
- Top medtech mergers and acquisitions by value 2015-2016Top medtech mergers and acquisitions by value 2015-2016
- Enterprise value of top contract pharma research organizations in the U.S. 2017Enterprise value of top contract pharma research organizations in the U.S. 2017
- General Electric profits in the Healthcare segment 1997-2016General Electric profits in the Healthcare segment 1997-2016
- General Electric revenue in the Healthcare segment 1997-2016General Electric revenue in the Healthcare segment 1997-2016
- Iron ore prices 2003-2015Iron ore prices 2003-2015
- Investment deal count in digital health industry globally 2010-2016Investment deal count in digital health industry globally 2010-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl