California Outshines Other States In Solar Power [Infographic]
California passed a climate bill requiring 50 percent of each utility's retail sales to come from renewable energy by 2050. The state is well on its way to achieving that goal with solar power in particular experiencing a boom. California now outshines all other states in solar, boasting 13,241 megawatts of cumulative installed solar capacity, enough to power 3.3 million homes.
California outshines all other states in terms of solar energy. Arizona has the second highest level of solar power in the United States with 2,303 megawatts of cumulative installed capacity. According to the Solar Energy Industries Association, that is enough to power an estimated 327,00 homes.
- Solar energy - new installations in Germany and ChinaSolar energy - new installations in Germany and China
- Renewables: solar energy capacity in the U.S. 2000-2015Renewables: solar energy capacity in the U.S. 2000-2015
- United States: solar energy demand 2008-2012United States: solar energy demand 2008-2012
- U.S. top 20 prescribed drugs based on sales 2016U.S. top 20 prescribed drugs based on sales 2016
- Leading export countries worldwide 2016Leading export countries worldwide 2016
- Sales of the leading 10 consumer electronics retailers of the U.S. 2015-2016Sales of the leading 10 consumer electronics retailers of the U.S. 2015-2016
- National debt in the US in relation to gross domestic product (GDP) 2020*National debt in the US in relation to gross domestic product (GDP) 2020*
- United States - annual GDP 1990-2016United States - annual GDP 1990-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl