The Hottest Items This Holiday Season
This year, about 137.4 million Americans are expected to head out and participate in the Thanksgiving shopping frenzy. Traditionally, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are two of the biggest U.S. shopping days, with customers splashing billions in cash to kick off the holiday shopping season.
This year, apparel tops the list of items in demand. According to research from Nielsen, 61 percent of U.S. consumers are planning to purchase some form of apparel item this year. Consumer electronics and video games are also hot properties this year, with 56 and 43 percent of customers respectively planning to purchase them.
- Food retail sales during Thanksgiving and Christmas in Canada 2014Food retail sales during Thanksgiving and Christmas in Canada 2014
- Online retail spending on Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2016Online retail spending on Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2016
- Leading 100 American retailers based on U.S. retail sales 2015Leading 100 American retailers based on U.S. retail sales 2015
- Retail sales of apparel and footwear in China by month March 2017Retail sales of apparel and footwear in China by month March 2017
- Retail sales of furniture in China by month March 2017Retail sales of furniture in China by month March 2017
- Retail sales of household appliances and consumer electronics China March 2017Retail sales of household appliances and consumer electronics China March 2017
- U.S. retail prices of diesel fuel monthly 2016-2017U.S. retail prices of diesel fuel monthly 2016-2017
- Walmart's net sales worldwide 2006-2017Walmart's net sales worldwide 2006-2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl