U.S. Bombs Dropped on Foreign Soil
Outgoing U.S. President Barack Obama has been criticized for not employing more decisive military action against foes abroad. This however doesn’t mean that U.S. forces have been sitting on their hands. As our chart shows, the American military has been actively engaged in so-called kinetic action abroad. In particular, one cross-boundary engagement sticks out from the rest. Comparing bombs dropped in 2015 to the number for 2016, the device count has risen. Check out this blog post by the Council on Foreign Affairs for further analysis.
- Basic monthly pay for officers and enlisted members of the U.S. armed forces 2016Basic monthly pay for officers and enlisted members of the U.S. armed forces 2016
- Armed forces personnel in Sweden 2015, by ageArmed forces personnel in Sweden 2015, by age
- Share of individuals who trust the Swedish Armed Forces 2012-2016Share of individuals who trust the Swedish Armed Forces 2012-2016
- Number of executions in the United States 2014-2017Number of executions in the United States 2014-2017
- Fatal civil airliner accidents by country and region 1945-2017Fatal civil airliner accidents by country and region 1945-2017
- Gross domestic product (GDP) in Russia 2020Gross domestic product (GDP) in Russia 2020
- Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Russia 2020Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in Russia 2020
- Nickel production in major countries 2010-2016Nickel production in major countries 2010-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl