St. Patrick's Day
St. Patrick's Day Is Big Business
People far and wide will be raising their glass and toasting the Emerald Isle today. Every year, an estimated 13 million pints of Guinness are consumed around the world on St. Patrick's Day compared to 7.5 million on an average day. That's enough to fill two and a half Olympic-sized swimming pools. Even though the holiday is a big deal in Ireland, Americans tend to get pretty enthusiastic about it as well. As the following infographic shows, 56.1 percent of people in the U.S. plan to embrace their inner Irishness and celebrate this year. According to the National Retail Federation, spending is expected to be the highest in its survey's 13-year history at $5.3 billion.
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl