Diageo - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and facts on Diageo
Diageo, the maker of well-known brands such as Smirnoff vodka, Johnnie Walker Scotch whisky, Baileys liqueur and Guinness stout, operates within the alcoholic beverage industry. The British company is headquartered in North-West London, UK and was founded through the merger of Guinness and Grand Metropolitan in 1997. The company’s product portfolio is derived of beer, wine and spirits and its alcoholic beverages are sold in more than 180 countries.
In 2016, the company generated net sales amounting to about 15.52 million U.S. dollars. The lion's share of Diageo's net sales was generated in North America. Within its versatile product collection, Scotch accounted for the largest net sales share of Diageo worldwide in 2016. Beer and vodka came second and third, respectively.
Diageo's marketing spending amounted to 2.31 billion U.S. dollars in 2016. Thereof, about 800.68 million U.S. dollars were spent on marketing activities in North America. In March 2015, the world’s biggest spirits company announced that it will start offering calorie counts and alcohol content information on the labels of their best-selling products. Diageo’s flagship market, North America, might be the first to see the changes.
- Leading spirits brands worldwide 2016, based on brand value+Leading spirits brands worldwide 2016, based on brand value
Most valuable spirits brands worldwide in 2016, based on brand value (in million U.S. dollars)
- Diageo: marketing spending worldwide 2012-2016+Diageo: marketing spending worldwide 2012-2016
Diageo's marketing spending worldwide from 2012 to 2016 (in million U.S. dollars)*
- Diageo's net sales worldwide 2013-2016+Diageo's net sales worldwide 2013-2016
Net sales of Diageo worldwide from 2013 to 2016 (in million U.S. dollars)*
- Diageo's net sales worldwide 2016, by region+Diageo's net sales worldwide 2016, by region
Net sales of Diageo worldwide in 2016, by region (in million U.S. dollars)*
- Global net sales of the leading 50 FMCG companies 2015Global net sales of the leading 50 FMCG companies 2015
- Global beer production 1998-2015Global beer production 1998-2015
- U.S. beer market: leading imported beer brands 2016, based on salesU.S. beer market: leading imported beer brands 2016, based on sales
- Per capita alcohol consumption from beer in the U.S. 1850-2014Per capita alcohol consumption from beer in the U.S. 1850-2014
- Per capita alcohol consumption of all beverages in the U.S. 1850-2014Per capita alcohol consumption of all beverages in the U.S. 1850-2014