Major League Baseball
MLB's Making a Dollar (or Two) on Luxury Tax
The MLB season 2017 has just begun. There are going to be 162 games played by 30 teams. At total of six major league organizations will pay a luxury tax for exceeding the $195 million salary level. With a new collective bargaining agreement set to go into effect, there have never been more teams subject to the tax. In the past years the MLB's luxury tax revenue has gone up quite a bit already.
- Annual amount of luxury tax paid in Major League Baseball 2003-2016Annual amount of luxury tax paid in Major League Baseball 2003-2016
- Major League Baseball: distribution of luxury tax payments by teamMajor League Baseball: distribution of luxury tax payments by team
- All time luxury tax payments of MLB clubs 1997-2012All time luxury tax payments of MLB clubs 1997-2012
- Passenger car sales in China 2008-2017*, by modelPassenger car sales in China 2008-2017*, by model
- Automobile sales in China by month March 2017Automobile sales in China by month March 2017
- United States - Annual GDP 1990-2016United States - Annual GDP 1990-2016
- China: monthly Consumer Price Index (CPI) by region February 2017China: monthly Consumer Price Index (CPI) by region February 2017
- Tax and health benefits changes under Trumpcare (AHCA) per household by income 2022Tax and health benefits changes under Trumpcare (AHCA) per household by income 2022
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl