Whose Devices Are Being Used The Most?
Apple smartphones and tablets are being used around the world more than the devices of any other vendor. According to Newzoo, based upon their sample of 550 million actively used devices, The U.S. giant enjoys a 35 percent share of global monthly active users. While this shouldn't come as too much of a surprise, what is arguably more interesting about the ranking is the prevalence of Chinese companies.
Although none command shares comparable to Apple and Samsung individually, combined, Chinese vendors make up 30.2% of actively used devices worldwide, accounting for five of the top ten as shown in our infographic.
- Smartphone usage in China in 2011, by activitySmartphone usage in China in 2011, by activity
- Channels of purchase resulting from smartphone usageChannels of purchase resulting from smartphone usage
- Smartphone usage in the Netherlands 2016, by age groupSmartphone usage in the Netherlands 2016, by age group
- China: mobile phone subscriptions by month March 2016China: mobile phone subscriptions by month March 2016
- U.S. smartphone subscriber share by operating platform 2012-2017, by monthU.S. smartphone subscriber share by operating platform 2012-2017, by month
- Market share of the most common operating systems in Germany 2009-2017Market share of the most common operating systems in Germany 2009-2017
- IT devices total worldwide spending 2014-2021IT devices total worldwide spending 2014-2021
- Internet usage time in the United States 2010-2016Internet usage time in the United States 2010-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl