Has the PC Industry Bottomed Out?
According to data released by Gartner this week, global PC shipments declined by 1.7% in the first quarter of 2014. While a few years ago, this number would have been considered catastropic, now it's actually good news. As a matter of fact, it's the smallest decline the PC industry has suffered since early 2012.
According to Gartner, the end of Windows XP support in early April has boosted replacement buys and could continue to do so in the current quarter. While it's unlikely that PC sales will suddenly start growing again, the trend of the past few quarters suggests that the industry may finally have bottomed out and sales might stabilize around the current level.
- Global PC sales via PC stores, by vendor 2010 Global PC sales via PC stores, by vendor 2010
- Global PC sales via direct retail in 2010, by vendorGlobal PC sales via direct retail in 2010, by vendor
- Global PC sales via local dealers in 2010, by vendorGlobal PC sales via local dealers in 2010, by vendor
- Market share of the most common operating systems in Germany 2009-2017Market share of the most common operating systems in Germany 2009-2017
- IT devices total worldwide spending 2014-2021IT devices total worldwide spending 2014-2021
- News reach in the U.S. 2017, by sourceNews reach in the U.S. 2017, by source
- Video games industry market value in the United Kingdom (UK) 2011-2016, by sector Video games industry market value in the United Kingdom (UK) 2011-2016, by sector
- Pfizer's Lipitor revenue worldwide 2003-2016Pfizer's Lipitor revenue worldwide 2003-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl