Has the PC Industry Bottomed Out?
According to data released by Gartner this week, global PC shipments declined by 1.7% in the first quarter of 2014. While a few years ago, this number would have been considered catastropic, now it's actually good news. As a matter of fact, it's the smallest decline the PC industry has suffered since early 2012.
According to Gartner, the end of Windows XP support in early April has boosted replacement buys and could continue to do so in the current quarter. While it's unlikely that PC sales will suddenly start growing again, the trend of the past few quarters suggests that the industry may finally have bottomed out and sales might stabilize around the current level.
- Forecast: tablet PC sales in the United States 2010-2016Forecast: tablet PC sales in the United States 2010-2016
- Global market share held by PC vendors in 2015Global market share held by PC vendors in 2015
- Most played PC games 2015Most played PC games 2015
- Market volume of the online gaming market in China 2011-2018Market volume of the online gaming market in China 2011-2018
- Digital games industry revenue in the U.S. 2016, by categoryDigital games industry revenue in the U.S. 2016, by category
- Semiconductor industry vendors by revenue worldwide 2009-2015Semiconductor industry vendors by revenue worldwide 2009-2015
- PCs (desktop/portable) global shipment forecast 2009-2020PCs (desktop/portable) global shipment forecast 2009-2020
- Pfizer's Viagra revenue worldwide 2003-2015Pfizer's Viagra revenue worldwide 2003-2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens