Asia's Solar Boom Fuels Record Growth in 2013
The European Photovoltaic Industry Association (EIPA) published its annual market update this week, including new figures for 2013. The total installed solar capacity reached a record high of 138.9 gigawatts last year, after almost 40 gigawatts were added in 2013 alone. Unlike previous years, much of last year’s growth occurred in Asia and especially China, where photovoltaic is developing rapidly.
- Solar energy - new installations in Germany and ChinaSolar energy - new installations in Germany and China
- Revenue of the global solar energy industry by countryRevenue of the global solar energy industry by country
- Renewables: solar energy capacity in the U.S. 2000-2015Renewables: solar energy capacity in the U.S. 2000-2015
- U.S. fossil fuel energy consumption: 1985-2016U.S. fossil fuel energy consumption: 1985-2016
- Renewable energy - consumption of the top countries 2015Renewable energy - consumption of the top countries 2015
- Worldwide investment in clean energy 2004-2016Worldwide investment in clean energy 2004-2016
- Renewable energy - investment in solar energy technologies 2004-2016Renewable energy - investment in solar energy technologies 2004-2016
- U.S. renewables: total non-hydroelectric net generation 2016U.S. renewables: total non-hydroelectric net generation 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl