WhatsApp Has 600m Users Now
WhatsApp has reached 600,000,000 active users according to Jan Koum, founder of the mobile messenger. This means that WhatsApp has doubled its user base over the past year and gained an additional 100 million users since April 2014, when the company hit the 500 million user milestone. So obviously, the mobile messaging startup continues to stand strong after being swallowed by Facebook. More or less unchallenged, it is still the world’s number one messaging application.
- Monthly active users of mobile messaging apps in 2015 and 2020Monthly active users of mobile messaging apps in 2015 and 2020
- Revenue per monthly active users of mobile messaging apps in 2015 and 2020Revenue per monthly active users of mobile messaging apps in 2015 and 2020
- Monthly active users of selected social casino titles 2015Monthly active users of selected social casino titles 2015
- Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016
- Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016
- Number of global social network users 2010-2020Number of global social network users 2010-2020
- Top social media sites in the Nordics 2016Top social media sites in the Nordics 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl