Facebook Leads the Tech Pack in Terms of Revenue Growth
The tech sector is known for its particularly dynamic growth. However, once a company has reached a certain size, maintaining an upward momentum becomes a real challenge. Companies such as Microsoft and Apple have reached a size where posting single-digit growth is already an achievement, whereas younger firms such as Twitter are expected to grow at significantly higher rates until their businesses eventually mature.
Facebook is not exactly a new kid on the block, but the company continues to impress with its blockbuster growth. In the past quarter, its revenue grew by more than 50 percent, which is all the more impressive considering that the company has been maintaining this degree of growth for several years now.
As our chart illustrates, Facebook stood head and shoulders above its fellow tech giants in terms of revenue growth last quarter. Even though the company has warned investors that its growth will decelerate eventually, its shareholders are enjoying the ride while it lasts: Facebook shares went up nearly 400 percent over the past five years.
- Revenue per employee of leading tech companies 2015Revenue per employee of leading tech companies 2015
- Health spending annual growth rates in the U.S. by payer 2003-2013Health spending annual growth rates in the U.S. by payer 2003-2013
- Air traffic - passenger and cargo growth rates forecast 2016-2035Air traffic - passenger and cargo growth rates forecast 2016-2035
- Gross domestic product (GDP) growth in selected world regions until 2018Gross domestic product (GDP) growth in selected world regions until 2018
- Forecast revenue growth rate global semiconductor industry 1988-2018Forecast revenue growth rate global semiconductor industry 1988-2018
- Top 10 global pharmaceutical markets: growth 2010-2015Top 10 global pharmaceutical markets: growth 2010-2015
- Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in India 2020Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in India 2020
- Unemployment rate in France 2020Unemployment rate in France 2020
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl