Android Poised to Knock Windows off Internet Perch
Five years ago, Microsoft Windows enjoyed a massive 80 percentage point lead over Android when it came to the operating systems used the most to access the internet around the world. When looking at all platforms, this gap has now narrowed to 1.2 points. As the world's online activity becomes more and more mobile, Google's market-leading OS looks set to oust Windows from the top spot. As Aodhan Cullen, CEO of StatCounter summarizes, “Windows has won the desktop war but the battlefield has moved on”.
- Internet usage frequency during the last three months in Belgium 2015Internet usage frequency during the last three months in Belgium 2015
- Average daily internet usage worldwide 2014, by age and deviceAverage daily internet usage worldwide 2014, by age and device
- Duration of monthly internet usage in selected countries 2015Duration of monthly internet usage in selected countries 2015
- Digital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by companyDigital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by company
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2015Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2015
- U.S. online shops and mail-order house sales 2003-2015U.S. online shops and mail-order house sales 2003-2015
- Daily media usage in Sweden 2016, by mediumDaily media usage in Sweden 2016, by medium
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl