Car Drivers - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and facts about car drivers
The number of people with a driver’s license in the United States grew from around 167 millions to about 214 millions in 2014.
Libya, Thailand, Malawi and Liberia are among the worst countries when it comes to fatal road accidents, while Houston, Phoenix and Los Angeles are regarded as the U.S. cities with the highest number of fatalities from running red lights between 2004 and 2013.
When buying a car, drivers in the U.S. tend to prefer Asian manufacturers and the Big Three American carmakers: General Motors, Ford and FCA. Although FCA was created through a merger between Chrysler and Fiat, the carmaker is often considered a U.S. company. In June 2016, about 230,000 Ford cars and 180,000 Chevrolet cars were sold. The most successful foreign OEM was Toyota, with sales of almost 200,000 vehicles under its Toyota brand in June 2016.
Picture: freeimages.com / dragon_art
|Number of licensed drivers in the U.S.||214m||Details →|
|U.S. auto sales of domestic brands||44.2%||Details →|
- Number of licensed drivers - United States 1990-2014+Number of licensed drivers - United States 1990-2014
Number of licensed drivers in the United States from 1990 to 2014 (in 1,000s)
- Licensed drivers versus general population - U.S. 1990-2014+Licensed drivers versus general population - U.S. 1990-2014
U.S. resident population and number of people with a driver's license from 1990 to 2014 (in 1,000s)
- Car brands - vehicle sales in the U.S. 2015+Car brands - vehicle sales in the U.S. 2015
Leading car brands in the United States in 2015, based on vehicle sales (in 1,000 units)
- The complete topic in one convenient package
- Instant access and download
- Great time-saver
- Worldwide automobile production through 2015Worldwide automobile production through 2015
- Licensed drivers in the U.S. - total number by state 2014Licensed drivers in the U.S. - total number by state 2014
- Best selling car models worldwide in 2015Best selling car models worldwide in 2015
- Number of cars in China 2007-2015Number of cars in China 2007-2015
- Amount of vehicles in China from 2004 to 2014Amount of vehicles in China from 2004 to 2014