Showrooming in the Retail Environment
Showrooming describes the act of examining goods in a brick and mortar store but making the actual purchase online.
In the age of smartphones, tablets and ubiquitous price information, showrooming has become a real issue for traditional retailers.
The above infographic, created in cooperation with the American Association of Advertising Agencies, illustrates how and why consumers engage in showrooming. Understanding the motives behind showrooming is crucial for retailers who want to convert showroomers into buyers.
- China: online shopping market gross merchandise volume 2008-2018China: online shopping market gross merchandise volume 2008-2018
- Average U.S. online shopping order value as of 3rd quarter 2016Average U.S. online shopping order value as of 3rd quarter 2016
- Online shopping spending distribution worldwide 2014, by deviceOnline shopping spending distribution worldwide 2014, by device
- Sinterklaas online shopping revenue in the Netherlands 2015-2016Sinterklaas online shopping revenue in the Netherlands 2015-2016
- Survey on the share of online shoppers in Germany 2000-2016Survey on the share of online shoppers in Germany 2000-2016
- United States: retail e-commerce sales 2013-2021United States: retail e-commerce sales 2013-2021
- E-commerce turnover in Sweden 2012-2016E-commerce turnover in Sweden 2012-2016
- E-commerce turnover growth in Sweden 2013-2016E-commerce turnover growth in Sweden 2013-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl